- Designer: Friedemann Friese
- Players: 2-4
- Playing Time: 30-120 minutes
- Age: 8+
- First Released: 2015
What if there were parallel Earths, where each Earth is different, and on each unique Earth, the priorities on Earth are unique from one another?
In a distant future, scientists are able to build small alternate Earths. Exactly 504 such Earths have thus far been built. The scientists programmed each of these Worlds with an individual set of laws and rules which the residents strictly follow and consider most important for their lives. These may be exploration, consumption, economics, military, etc., and each is unique. You can visit all of these 504 alternate Earths to experience how the people are living, and decide which of these worlds harbors the best civilization. On which World do you want to live? Explore them all and decide!
504 is a game that creates 504 different games out of one box. The game consists of nine modules:
- Module 1: Pick-Up & Deliver
- Module 2: Race
- Module 3: Privileges
- Module 4: Military
- Module 5: Exploration
- Module 6: Roads
- Module 7: Majorities
- Module 8: Production
- Module 9: Shares
In each single game, you pick three different modules from the nine available and assemble them in any order you like to create a new game. For example, you can play:
- a racing game that expands through exploration with technology improving the racing or exploration (World "253").
- an 18XX-style stock game with network building for income and production sites to provide workers for the road building (World "968").
- a war game with a pick-up and deliver economy and bonus scoring from majorities ("World 417").
Each single game takes from 30 to 120 minutes to play.
504 is in the new Stronghold Games'' The Great Designers Series - #2, which will be an ongoing series of games featuring the greatest game designers from around the world.